Preformed thermoplastic material PREFORM TCG is a durable road marking, intended for application in high traffic areas, on roads, on highways and inside cities. It is ideal for signalization of pedestrian crossings, but also for arranging intersections, runways for cyclists, parking spaces and different areas that require special visual signalization.
Preformed thermoplastic marking – PREFORM TCG supplements the classic road markings, providing that additional information necessary for guiding the traffic participants and helping to reduce road traffic accidents.
PREFORM TCG offers new solutions for performant road markings and increased safety for traffic participants, providing long term high visibility during the day and excellent nighttime retroreflection, due to the glass beads embedded on the material surface and also inside the material.
The PREFORM TCG material is available as lines, arrows, letters, numbers, colored symbols (triangular, rectangular and circular signs), but also as custom designs on your demand: logos, symbols, street decorations, thermoplastic playground markings (hopscotch, snake, snail, caterpillar, dragon, crocodile, clock, compass, maze, target, map, solar system etc.).
The preformed thermoplastic is available in two versions:
- PREFORM TCG (standard): for obtaining initial retroreflection, during application, Drop-On-Beads mixed with anti-skid granulates must be applied on the still hot surface;
- PREFORM TCG-SR (Self Reflecting): to obtain initial retroreflection, during application no further addition of Drop-On-Beads is necessary.
PREFORM TCG application is simple and quick due to delivery of the product in its final form ready to be used. Also, there is no need for big and expensive equipment, the application being performed only by 1-2 trained operatives with a propane burner. In order to adhere to the asphalt, the material should be heated to a temperature between 200-220°C, temperature at which the material reaches its liquid form, merging with the substrate.
A correct application, which ensures an optimal adhesion to the substrate, involves a thorough surface cleaning, removing the moisture and using the AC 341 primer.
The standard range of colors for this product includes the traffic colors. On demand, we can produce the material in other colors.
Advantages of using PREFORM TCG:
- allows traffic reopening within minutes after application, as soon as the material cools down;
- environmental friendly and solvent-free, without pigments containing chromium or lead;
- on demand, it can be supplied in any possible shape: arrows, symbols and signs with individual design;
- excellent daytime visibility and very good nighttime retroreflection, due to the glass beads evenly distributed on the Preform TCG surface, as well in its entire thickness of 3 mm;
- 7-8 times higher durability than a classical marking paint.
PREFORM TCG is the optimal solution when you want to achieve high performance road markings made with preformed thermoplastic material.