PREFORM TCG – Preformed thermoplastic for horizontal road markings
The preformed thermoplastic material PREFORM TCG is a durable product for road markings, having 3 mm thickness, intended for application in high traffic areas, on roads, on highways and inside cities. It is ideal for the realization of horizontal road traffic signs such as: signalization of pedestrian crossings, speed limits etc., as well as for arranging intersections, bicycle lanes, parking spaces and different areas that require special visual road signalization.
Preformed thermoplastic PREFORM TCG can be used for horizontal road traffic signs applied in addition to classical road markings, offering extra information necessary for guidance of traffic participants and helping reduce traffic accidents on roads.
PREFORM TCG offers new solutions for efficient horizontal road markings and increased road safety for traffic participants, providing long term high visibility during the day and excellent nighttime retroreflection, due to the glass beads embedded on the thermoplastic material surface and also inside the material.
The PREFORM TCG thermoplastic material is available as lines, arrows, letters, numbers, colored traffic signs (warning signs, priority signs, mandatory signs, direction signs, prohibitory signs etc.), but also as custom-made designs on your demand: company logos, symbols, street decorations, playground markings for kids (hopscotch, math games, dragon games, caterpillar games, snake games, twister games, crocodile games, rocket games, spiral games, snail games, target games etc.).
The preformed thermoplastic material is available in two versions:
- PREFORM TCG (standard): for obtaining initial retroreflection, Drop-On-Beads mixed with anti-skid granulates must be applied during application, on the still hot surface;
- PREFORM TCG-SR (Self Reflecting): to obtain initial retroreflection, during application no further addition of Drop-On-Beads is necessary.
The application of the preformed thermoplastic PREFORM TCG is simple and quick because the product is delivered in its final form, ready to be applied. Also, there is no need for big and expensive equipment; the application can easily be made by 1-2 trained operatives with a propane burner. In order to achieve optimum adhesion to the asphalt substrate, the preformed thermoplastic material should be heated to a temperature between 200-220°C, temperature at which point the material reaches its liquid form, merging with the substrate.
A correct application, which ensures an optimal adhesion to the substrate, involves a thorough surface cleaning, removing the moisture and using the AC 341 primer.
The standard range of colors for this product includes the traffic colors: red, yellow, orange, green, light blue, blue, white, black. On request, the preformed thermoplastic material can be produced in other custom colors.
Advantages of using thermoplastic material PREFORM TCG:
- allows traffic reopening within minutes after application, as soon as the material cools down;
- environmentally friendly and solvent-free product, without pigments containing chromium or lead;
- on demand, it can be supplied in any possible shape: arrows, road traffic signs, symbols with individual design;
- excellent daytime visibility and very good nighttime retroreflection, due to the glass beads evenly distributed on the thermoplastic material surface, as well as in its entire 3 mm thickness;
- 7-8 times higher durability comparing with classical road marking paint.
PREFORM TCG is the ideal solution when you want to achieve high performance for horizontal road markings made with preformed thermoplastic material.